In this review we’ll go over what’s good and what’s bad about the service. We will begin with a background of the company so that you’ll know how well they have performed (or not). And then we’ll review each of their service offerings.
Brent Oxley started Hostgator while he was still a student in Florida Atlantic University. His venture was a big success and in 2006 the company registered more than 200,000 domains.
The company then moved their headquarters to Houston, Texas the following year. It was then listed as the #21 fastest growing companies in 2008.
Hostgator was later sold to Endurance International Group in June of 2012 for $225 million but the company’s founder still owned the buildings that were used as headquarters.
In that same year, in May, a social engineering attack was orchestrated by the hacker group UGNazi. The target was the WHMCS server, a billing software developer.
500,000 Hostgator customers credit card information were leaked due to this incident. It also exposed their cPanel info as well as their website files.
Another huge setback occurred the following year in 2013. There were frequent outages experienced that year when the EIG (Endurance International) Provo Utah data center went down several times. Hostgator wasn’t the only web hosting service that was affected—outages were also experienced by JustHost, HostMonster, and Bluehost.
Today Hostgator remains one of the most popular web hosting services in the world. The company has more than a decade’s worth of experience in providing customers with world-class hosting solutions on hostgator coupon for you.
2016 was a big year for Hostgator. The company won several awards and recognitions that year, which includes the following:
- 2016 Best Host to Grow With Award by HostingAdvice.com. This was awarded to them after getting a 5 out 5 star reliability rating. The award was also based on the host’s consistent response time and also on their large number of available servers.
- PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Award for Best Web Hosting of 2016, Best Managed WordPress Web Hosting of 2016, Best Dedicated Web Hosting of 2016, and Best Web Hosting of 2016.
- 2016 Best Business Hosting by WPBeginner after the company scored a 5 out of 5 rating. Hostgator outranked all of the top recommended hosting providers.
This shows us that Hostgator is a legit powerhouse when in the web hosting industry. Of course, they aren’t flawless—as you will see later as we go into the pros and cons of this web hosting service provider. But suffice it to say that Hostgator is definitely a leading figure hostgator black friday sale in its industry.
For clients who are looking for more exhaustive features, Hostgator offers VPS hosting services. If your hosting needs require root access control then this might be a good option.
They have 3 hosting plans for their VPS hosting services as well:
- Snappy 2000: the allotted bandwidth for this plan is at 1.5 TB. Your dedicated virtual private server will have 120 GB of web space, 2 CPU cores, and 2 GB of RAM. This VPS hosting plan will cost $29.95 a month.
- Snappy 4000: This is the next step up in this set of hosting plans and it will cost you $39.95 a month. Your site’s monthly bandwidth allocation gets bumped up to 2 TB, plus 165 GB of disk space, 2 CPU cores, and 4 GB of RAM.
- Snappy 8000: This VPS hosting plan costs $49.95. You get 3 TB bandwidth allowance, 240 GB of web space, 4 CPU cores, and 8 GB of RAM.
- Inmotion Hosting Review Coupon
- Greengeeks Review Coupon
- Justhost Review Coupon
- Hostpapa Review Coupon
- Liquid Web Review Coupon
- Hostwinds Review Coupon
- WPX Hosting Review Coupon
A lot of web hosting companies offer reseller hosting. A reseller hosting account allows you to rent a hosting service from a larger and hosting service like Hostgator and turn a profit.
The downside is that you don’t have any control with regard to the specs and features that you can offer. Well, at least you’re not going to worry about the infrastructure. You don’t have any server maintenance to perform and you won’t have to rent a huge building to house all your equipment.
The specs are lower than what you get for VPS hosting but they are much more than what is offered for Hostgator’s cloud hosting plans. The price range is also lower compared to Dedicated or VPS hosting plans.
You can offer unlimited domains and free SSL to your clients. On top of that you can also offer a free more than 400 video tutorials that are completely brandable and a free WHMCS billing software in case your clients plan to start an online store.
Dedicated hosting is their most expensive set of hosting plans. These plans are for enterprise level or high level traffic websites. You are given unlimited bandwidth and up to 1 TB of SSD web space. Your server will have 30 GB max of RAM. Of course the cost is pretty steep ranging from $119 to $149 a month.
- Bluehost Review Coupon
- SiteGround Review Coupon
- A2 Hosting Review Coupon
- Cloudways Review Promo Code
- Wpengine Review Coupon
- Dreamhost Review Coupon
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of Hostgator’s services. It’s just a quick summary of what has been discussed above.
- Plans are relatively cheap especially the shared hosting plans. There are web hosts that offer cheaper options and there are hosts that offer more expensive options. They’re kind of somewhere in between when you consider the price range.
- Cloud hosting and other pricier options are really robust and reliable.
- Reseller hosting gives you plenty of features and specs to offer to your clientele.
- VPS hosting offers and their pricing plans are competitive.
- Dedicated hosting may be expensive but they give you a lot of legroom to work with. The features also help you better manage high traffic sites.
- Cloud hosting plans do not come with a money back guarantee
- The most affordable plans don’t perform that well
- The cost is a bit high with features being a bit limited especially for the shared hosting plans
- The company is owned by IEG, which has had a bad history when it comes to hosting services.
- Customer service can be a bit of a heckler since there are times when you have to wait in queue for a time. But at least their customer support team is available 24/7 and you can contact them via email, chat, and phone.
In our review we rate hostgator 5 start. Because it’s good & cheap web hosting you can go with hostgator if you want. We are also using hostgator for some of our projects. Thanks for reading our article.